Wednesday, March 26, 2008


Statistics say that there are more depressed people today than ever before in history. says that, “Depression is quickly becoming one of the biggest medical disorders, and, unfortunately, killers, of all time.”

For the Christian, this should not be so.

Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory. Romans 5:2 (NLT)

Do you know Jesus? Are you looking forward to “sharing God’s glory”? Do other people see you rejoicing? Do you talk to them about how you are looking forward to spending eternity with Christ?

All too often, Christians have the reputation of being legalistic, rule-oriented, judgmental or some such thing. Shouldn’t we as Christians have the reputation of being loving and joyful in the Lord?

Paul said in his letter to the church in Philippi,

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4 (NIV)

Let others see your excitement about Jesus. And, if you aren’t feeling that “joyful” about your future (or present for that matter) with Christ, you need to get busy and ask God to help you with that right now!


Monday, March 24, 2008


They (and don’t ask me who “they” are!) say that we only use 10% of our brain. If only there was a switch to turn on the other 90%! Anyway, I was reading in Romans today and came across the following verse that made me wonder if perhaps we only use 10% of our gifts from God.

and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. Romans 5:5 (NASB)

The love of God in us... What an awesome thought. The love of the Creator of the Universe residing inside of you and me. That’s what got me to thinking about whether or not we use 10% of what He has given us.

Do we really love each other with the love of God? Do we look upon the poor, the blind, the orphans, the widows, the prostitutes and the bullies with the love of God?

Only you can answer that for yourself. I cannot (or should not) tell you if you are loving others with the love of God that He has poured out in your heart. Of course, that pouring out is conditional on possessing the Holy Spirit that He gives us when we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior. If you don’t know Jesus as your Savior, you can. Then, and only then, will the love of God be “poured out in your heart.”

For those of us who do claim to be Christians or followers of Christ, we have to ask ourselves if we are using that awesome gift He has given us (and there are more!) to love others.